This post was originally posted on From Cass with Love on 10 October 2010
Sometimes, having excess ingredients on hand can be a good thing, it forces me to look through my to-bake list and see what I can make (my list is forever growing, it scares me sometimes). Currently have buttermilk and cream to finish up. Over the weekend, experimented more with the whole wheat muffins, and managed to come up with a full whole wheat recipe without the muffin being to heavy. If you’re interested, drop me an email 😉
With the cream, came this!
- 250g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon gelatine
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of oreo, crushed
1. Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
2. Dissolve the gelatine in warm water and leave it to stand for 5-10 mins. Fold it into the cream cheese.
3. Beat the heavy cream until it reaches firm peaks.
4. Fold in the whipped cream and vanilla into the cream cheese.
5. Stir in the crushed oreos
1. You can use a muffin pan, individual round cutters, or for myself I used plastic sheets to make temporary round containers to hold the cheesecakes together.
2. Place an oreo at the bottom, then fill up the middle with as much cheesecake as you like.
3. Top with another oreo, and you're done!
4. Place in freezer until ready to serve.
5. Before serving remove from freezer and leave it to thaw for about 15 minutes.