This post was originally posted on From Cass with Love on 27 January 2013
- 2 cups (242g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (57g) cake flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (225g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup (350g) castor sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup (242g) buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 cups (275g) blueberries (tossed in flour and a bit of sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Butter a 10 inch bundt pan and dust with flour.
2. Mix together the all-purpose and cake flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
5. Beat in your flour mixture in 3-4 additions, alternating with your buttermilk, ending with the flour mixture. Continue to beat the batter for about 15 - 20 seconds ensure everything is well combined and further aerate the batter.
6. Bake for about 60 minutes, or until a tooth pick / cake tester comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are fine!)
7. Cool the cake on the rack for about 15 minutes, then invert it out of the pan to cool completely.